Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Home buying update 8/04


So we close in like 3 days. I'm not getting excited until Friday. With our luck lately I'm not getting my heart involved until they give us the keys.

We have the water and electricity set up to be turned on on Friday with cable coming the next week.

I have the final walk through on Thursday. I'm going to check on some things that I forgot to look for when we were there last. Take some measurements. Then I'm off to Sam's to get some cleaning supplies.


Then the next morning at 9am we are going to sign the paperwork. After how ever long that takes we're going to Lowes to get the sample paint cans. We've narrowed it down to Homestead Resort Tea Room Yellow or Homestead Resort Tea Room Cream. They are both yellows with one being just a shade warmer. Then we're on to the new house. Both sets of parents are going to drop by on Friday and we're also going to tape everything so we can start painting on Saturday. Then we might go to dinner as a reward.

After that utter ciaos. Sunday we might check out a new church or go to OCF. Then nephew's party and then back to the new house for more painting if need be or the great box migration.

This coming week I'll be moving boxes during the day and Daniel will be helping me in the evenings. With next weekend we're going to rent a truck and move the big stuff.

After that it's just setting up the house and turning it into a home.

No comments: