Friday, January 8, 2010

MIA

I know it's been a while since we wrote in the blog but we have reason's. It had been really busy and then I got a bad cold. Here's what you missed.

We celebrated Christmas like last year. We spent Christmas eve with my parents, then came home to unwrap each others gifts and then on Christmas morning we went to Daniel's parents house and then back to my parents. I love doing this because the little kids faces at Christmas is priceless as is my Moms. We over eat and then try to figure out where to put the gifts.

New Years Eve Daniel had a gig. It wasn't too bad. A company had hired us to play music for their employees. It was easy because for 2 hours(out of 4 hours total) we mostly played background music while everyone talked. They were drinking and towards the end of the night a couple of people became rude. The usual stuff of I'm friends with the owner and you need to turn this song off and play one I want. I just roll my eyes. It was really funny when some drunk lady told us to turn off the chicken dance song while their was like 7 or 8 kids dancing to it with their parents. Ahhhh the life of a DJ.(In case you were wondering what you shouldn't say to a DJ I'd recommend you look at this, it holds true to any type of event.)

Then the great cold of 2010 came through the house. Daniel brought in some kind so death sickness. It always works like this. Daniel will get a tiny bit sick, give that sickness to me and I'll spend the next week dying and begging my parents to bring me med's and juice(sometimes having only one car stinks). Then after sleeping a week of my life away I'll get better only to have Daniel get sick again.

So that is where we are today. I'm gonna try to get back into the swing of things with the blog so check back again soon.

4 comments:

Grady Lee's Momma said...

i went to school with daniel at first coast.... just wanted to tell you i do read your blog and wish i would get motivated to do one myself...
shannon o'grady :)

Crystal G said...

Thanks for the comment. I love those. =)

Sometimes it's hard to think about what to right about that might 1) Be interesting to others 2) reflect who we are 3) Hasn't been said on facebook or twitter already.

But in the end it's really fun to look back and see what you've been up to. Since you're expecting you can use that. Maybe when you're little one gets older they will read it and think wow this is what mom and dad thought about me before I was born.

Grady Lee's Momma said...

Well Grady was born back in August... thats how long it has been since I updated my Blog :( Bad me.... bad me....

Crystal G said...

Well it's hard to blog and have a new born. Or so I hear. =)