Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Restaurant Wednesday

I'm starting a new blog for every other Wednesday. It's called Restaurant Wednesday. It will review and talk about different kinds of restaurants in the metro Jacksonville area by category of cuisine.

Today is steakhouses.


My pick for my favorite steakhouse is III Forks. We went last night. It's over on the Southside. This place is hands down the best place for steaks. Having been to the steak holy land in Jacksonville, Ruth Chris, I'm never, ever, ever going back. The food was phenom. Our dinner was the award winning III Forks salad which was salad greens, blue cheese crumbles(which I opted out of ), granny smith apples and pecans with a maple vinaigrette. The dressing was sweet but not in a bad overbearing way with the apples playing off that. Tart and sweet. The salad was huge and very filling. I also wanted to cancel my order and get another round of salad it was just that good but I'm glad I didn't. Next was the ribeye sandwich. I'm bit of a steak foodie and ribeye is my cut. III Forks only offers an 18oz and as much as I wanted it I'm not gonna be able to chow through 18oz so I settle for the sandwich. III Forks is like Ruth Chris in the sides are on the side and extra. The sandwich came with fries. It was cooked perfectly. PERFECTLY!!!!! The fries were spiced perfectly.

The restaurant was decorated nicely with marble floors and a long contemporary fireplace when you enter. The people were friendly. We had two waiters and the Maitre d'/Sommelier came to check on us as well as one of the owners. We never had to ask for a thing. The servers were so good that when the salads came out (we both got the same salad only mine didn't have the cheese) the server knew that my salad was the cheese free one. Every time a waiter walked by they all checked to make sure we didn't run out of drink. We ended up spending about an hour and a half at dinner. The food was IMHO priced correctly for both the portions and quality.

I'm trying to talk Daniel into going back for my birthday.

So I turn to you my reader, have you had your own III Forks experience? Or do you have your own preferred steakhouse.

No comments: