Monday, February 2, 2009

The return of the house wife.

So Daniel and I got married last November and a little before then I got laid off from work. It was tough and I was worried that we were going to go bankrupt. But so far with the grace from God we're doing okay. We are rich but we aren't starving either. We are doing okay. My parents are helping us with trips to the base to get basic items like milk, eggs and breads.

We are cutting back on things that we don't need. We cut out cable. We have the HD rabbit ears that give you about 20 channels. So we get the basic channels and then their sister HD channels. Daniel had cut back on his eating out for lunch. We do free or low cost evenings.

That brings me to my topic. I'm turning into my mother. In the sense that I'm a house wife. I'm cooking all the meals, cleaning the place, making lunches, making the beds and ironing clothes. I'm actually feeling really rewarded in this. I like seeing Daniel leave for work with pressed clothes and a home made lunch. I get to write I love you notes on his napkins. I like washing the clothes and making sure Daniel comes home to a clean home and a good dinner.

The only downside is the hours during the week that I don't have a soul to talk too. For the most part I don't leave the apartment. I'm pretty content to stay home. I'll go work out and take Cincy for walks but normally I don't talk to anyone while doing this (other than Cincy). The not having someone to talk to takes it's toll sometimes.

I'm looking for work, but most of the jobs that are out there right now are for things I'm not trained in. So general labor work is getting harder to come by. So everyday I check the sites, send in my resume and hope for the best.


Proverbs 31:25-28

25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.

26 She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

27 She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.

28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:

No comments: