Friday, February 27, 2009

Things I wished I knew when I was single...

I was watching Oprah (cause that's what women do right?) and she had Steve Harvey on the show talking about his new book. In it he talks about mostly about single women and dating. So now that I'm married I wanted to say things that I wished I knew while being single.

1) You will really know. It will just hit you. It's not gonna be in a big ta-da moment. It will be in a quiet moment and your inner voice will tell you this works and your happy.

2) You deserve better. If your not with the person that makes you want to be a better version of yourself, then they aren't the one. If your with someone who makes you feel like less than you are then they aren't the one for you either.

3) Being married makes things in the bedroom MUCH better. When your young you may or may not have sex before your married. If you do you will think it's good, but after your married you will KNOW it's good. There is something to be said about being open and one with your other half that will make the special time together out of this world.

4) Men are simple. They say what they mean. If he's not making sure you KNOW that he's into you than he's not into you. Men are very much like hunters. If they found a field that was full of game, they would make sure everyone knew that that field was his. This is the same with women. If he wants you he'll make sure you know it, that his friends know it and that other men know it. He does not want you to get away.

5) Do NOT settle. The road may be long. It doesn't matter how long it takes to find someone. They are out there just be open.

6)I'm going to steal this one from a movie. "Every woman has the exact relationship she wants." If you want a better relationship you have the power to try to make it better or leave. By staying then you have the relationship you want. You control your life it doesn't just happen to you. Relationships are the same way.

I'm done....I don't know who I was writing this too or for but I'm glad it's written.

No comments: