Sunday, November 15, 2009

Year One

A year ago today was the day I married my best friend.


I remember a year ago like it was yesterday(most because it FELT like it was yesterday) I remember waking up in the hotel room that my bridesmaid Nina got for me so I could be closer to Orange Park. I woke up early and I remember looking out the window. The sun was rising on the first day of the rest of my life.

The rest of the day was a blur. We raced to get my make-up done, get me dressed and ready to go. Then we walked out to the door to the sanctuary. Everyone had been asking me if I was nervous or scared. I wasn't really. I was calm about what I was about to do. I remember Rodney opening the doors and walking into the sanctuary. I wanted to see Daniel's face when he saw me in my dress. Everyone stood up and I was straining my neck to peek around everyone. When I finally made it to the head of the aisle Daniel looked so scared. He was tying his hands in knots. I smiled at him and we went to start the show. What I remember most was that Daniel was so scared he locked his elbows straight down and it felt like he was pulling my joints out of their sockets. I smile at that now.

Here are some secrets that many people don't know.

I took my shoes off the moment we walked out of the sanctuary. In all of my photo's from that point on I'm barefoot.

The Rolls Royce driver didn't show up to take me to the reception so our photographers (and good friends) filled in and we drove to the reception in their car (that I've named Applemobile). My dress was so big it felt like I was sitting on a cloud. On the way their we saw this family who's car was even more packed then we were.

After the reception we went straight to the hotel downtown. I having worn no shoes for the whole reception forgot to grab any before I left so I wore Daniel's tux shoes out to dinner at the Chart House.


That day was the happiest day of my life. We've had our ups and downs as a couple but I'm glad that I became Daniel's wife a year ago today.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Shoes are overrated anyway! I wore white Reef Flip Flops for our wedding! Then Devin and I went to dinner at American Cafe and got chocolate cake to go. We stole a fork so we could eat it later. I felt really bad the next morning on our way to Atlanta when we opened the box and there was a fork!