Monday, November 23, 2009

Anniversary Trip


So we just returned from out trip to Universal Orlando. It was so nice. We left on Monday and took the back way down to Orlando. We bypassed the normal route of 95 to take 17. It was nice because you got to see Florida as apposed to the side of a highway. There was some fun at the start. I had mapquested the route but it ended up taking a different way then I remembered. So just trusting my sense of direction we went with it. We winded through small towns and sometimes we found ourselves alone on the road. What does my wonderful husband of a year do? He breaks out this book and starts reading it to me. No cute.

We get to the hotel and we both fall in love. When we check in we tell them we are celebrating our anniversary and get upgraded to a King Suite. That was the thing I needed to talk Daniel into staying an extra day. We make it up to our room and check everything out. The suite is two rooms with a living room and a bedroom. Since it's dinner time we go down to catch a water taxi to City Walk. Dinner is yummy Whoppers at The Whopper Bar. Then back to the hotel to explore. The hotel has a huge pool and sand beaches.

The next day is spent at Universal Studio's. I fell in love with The Mummy ride. We ended up riding it 4 times. We got the unlimmited food bands. It's $20 for food all day. Trying to milk that for all it's worth we ate 3 meals that day. The following day (after successfully talking Daniel into staying an extra day) we take a lazy day to ride over to Portofino Bay Hotel. We ended up getting their breakfast buffet. I had the BEST omlet. We walked around and checked out the hotel. It's pretty but we decided that we liked our hotel best. That night our good friends The Durbins came to have dinner with us. Good food and even better company. The final day is spent at Island of Adventure. It was everything I remembered from the last time I went.

All in all it was a perfect vaction. We needed this trip to renew ourselves and our marriage. I am more in love with my sexy husband now than a year ago.

No comments: