Monday, December 29, 2008

Whewww......

The holidays have come and gone. The last week has been a blur. We had a good Christmas. Since this was our first Christmas together as a married couple. We wanted to spend time together and with our family. So we decided to spend Christmas Eve with my family. So we went to my parents house and had a nice dinner and then unwrapped presents. Daniel got some nice shirts and pants. He also got new black dress shoes. He really needed some. His old one's had holes in them and he had to toss them. I got some clothes and we got a candy dish and a ornament. It was a nice time spent with my parents. Since I got married I haven't really spent a lot of time with my parents. I used to live at home with them and my mother got used to me being there. When went home and unwrapped our gifts to each other. Daniel got me Sex in the City movie and perfume. Daniel got me really great gifts. He surprised me and got me things I didn't think he'd remember to get me. I got him Wall-e, a Celtic music cd and a Poker game for the PlayStation 2. Next morning we went to his parents house where the whole family came to unwrap gifts. It was interesting since I'm an only child my family doesn't have any children in it. It was a blur of wrapping paper, loud toys and children laughing. Daniel's family overwhelmed me with their generously. We got gift cards. It brings a tear to my eye thinking about it. =)

I am so happy to be blessed with the family I have along with the family I married into.

No comments: