Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Outside my window.....




I'm sitting in the den...outside my window a cool breeze dances through what's left of the winter leaves. My day is lazy. I'm cleaning the house, talking to my husband and listening to neighbors lock their car doors. In the background our dish washer is humming along with the sound of rushing water.

Sometime it's nice to sit next to a window. Just watch the world. Out of the corner of my eye I see a little brown bug zoom past me. I wonder where he's going? The sun is beginning to show herself. Warm golden rays filter down from above and the moment seems to still. Almost as fast the sun has grown shy and ran to hide behind a puff of white clouds. Some where in the distance a bird sings as if to call the sun out of hiding.

In our apartment Cincy scampers around in a tireless pattern of tedium. She sits and streches and falls asleep in the makeshift bed I've made for her on the chair besides me.



Time seems to slow and simply pass my room. Alone in my thoughts the days seems to inch by with a slower grander pace. I know there are things I could be doing but none of them are outside my window.

No comments: