Sunday, January 25, 2009

Friends warning.

In the last couple of months I've lost some people in my life that I had at one time counted as friends. The first couple left for reason's unknown. They just decided that Daniel and I weren't people that they wanted to be around anymore. It's a shame because at one time Daniel had counted this one person as a good friend. I liked them both and we got along for the most part.

Another stopped being a friend after I got feed up with watching them make stupid mistake after stupid mistake. I'm all about helping people, but they have to help themselves first. I get tired of listening to them complain about the quality of their personal relationships and trying to steer them towards quality only to watch them go straight for someone else because they like the "bad boy".

I think part of the problem is that I tend to be very honest. People sometimes don't like the honest person. They want to be allowed to go on thinking that what they are doing is right. That their poop doesn't stink. I tend to tell people what they don't want to hear and in the end they decide that they don't want to hear it anymore and move on to other people who are also wanting to live in ignorance.

I know personally I'm far from a saint and that at times I can be trying, I am not how ever going to apologize for being who I am. If you want a honest, loyal and willing to do almost anything to help a friend out then I'm that person. If you how ever want to live in a dream keep moving I'm not the friend for you.

In another note I'm done crying and feeling bad for myself for having no friends. I'm over that for the most part other than Daniel, a couple of family and a few friends I'm pretty much alone.

Psalms 139: 13-14

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

5 comments:

Robert Holmes said...

hey, i hope im not part of that first couple. i still count daniel as a good friend and i hope he counts me as one too. its just hard with a full family to find the time to just hang out with a friend. i was going to try to this wed night since the kids will be gone and kristie has to study. id love to come over and just hang out with good friends but its just not that easy with 4 kids and a preg fiance. im sorry you guys feel that way but its not how you think. id be over there all the time if i could. sorry.

Crystal G said...

Well Robert(keep in mind that I don't speak for Daniel) to be honest yes you are the couple that I spoke about. Aside from a text we haven't heard a word from you since we tried in vain to get you to come over for the Gator game. You came late to my Christmas party and left early. I didn't even get a happy birthday text from you on the 19th. While I understand the need for family time I'm hard pressed to think that you're the only one struggling to find that friends/family balance yet plenty of couples do have a family and see their friends too. Also as I understand it you're making time to visit other friends( or inviting them over) it's just US that you don't have the time for. Never the less things are as they are.

Again I don't speak for Daniel. If you want to talk to him, call him or text.

Crystal G said...

And I just thought about this:
How nice of you to tell us that you'd like to come over visit us with only a day notice and only AFTER you read this blog. Even more considering you left this information on our blog and didn't bother to call.

Seems rather contrived.

Life on the go plus 5 said...

ok so it stops here. You claim to be this honest person that tells it like it is and people dont want to hear the truth. Really? I have to read on a blog that you dont think we are friends anymore. Really? I thought it was kinda weird that you deleted yourself from your facebook and myspace. You also say you are done feeling bad that you dont have friends. Really? This really breaks my heart because I love both you and Daniel. Robert and I have had ALOT going on. I read your comment back to him and you referenced the Gator game. Did you know that we had a party with the kids. We let them stay up late and eat PB&J's and chocolate milk. Robert was more than welcome to go hang out with you guys but he wanted to be apart of family time. Since your so honest why didnt you pick up the phone and let us know how you were feeling? We cant read minds or hearts. We havent said or done anything that we should be apologizing for. Nor should you feel like you have to say that your not apologizing for who you are. Being a true friend is excepting of someone regardless of their attributes and their flaws. I accept you for you but it looks like you are not as accepting. Im sorry Crystal if you are feeling this way but in NO way shape or form is it appropriate for us to be discussing this on a blog. Im an adult and have real life responsiblites and I do not have time for this. It really hurts me that you would put Robert and I in this situation. And dont worry about this wednesday,Robert and I are going to have an american idol /sushi date. Sorry if sometimes we have to squeeze in time with our friends at the last minute but that is our crazy life right now and it doesnt look like it is slowing down anytime. We really love the both of you and value your friendship, the ball is in your court. I already told Rob I am not coming between he and Daniels relationship just as you shouldnt.

Daniel G said...

Kristie,
This is Daniel. I promise you, Crystal is not coming between me and anyone. I agree with her that our friendships have been strained. We tried calling and using texts. If you are too busy for us, that is fine, butWe know that you have been hanging out with mutual friends, so I guess you have time for them. Don't worry, you are right, it does stop here.