Friday, July 3, 2009

Home Buying Update 7/03

So we ended up looking a three houses today. My parents came with me and it was nice that I could see my Mom getting excited that her little girl was getting a house.

The first house which I'm going to call plan C is a foreclosure so that should close faster. It's really nice. Smaller than the plan B house by 15 sq ft. It doesn't have a formal dining room but a bigger kitchen, it backs to a lake and has a HUGE master suite. I love the shower in this place. Out of the 3 houses that I've fallen in love with this is the best. It has a little computer nook so it opens up a whole room for more uses. Now if we get this room I may be able to talk Daniel into making the spare room into a guest room. We'll see.

What's great is that it's about 10k cheaper than the orignal house. BUT there is a problem, even though it came on the market 2 days ago it already has an offer on it. We all think it's an investor since we were the first people to view the house. So who would buy the house without looking at it?

We also looked at 2 other houses but nothing worked like this one. So we are putting in an offer and crossing our fingers that we will have the winning offer. God I'm praying so.

So since the plan B house will take over 60 days for an approval( and we gave them a drop dead time frame of 60) we will get our binder back.

Buying a house in this market in this area is so hard. All the cheaper houses have multiple offers on them by families, and the more pricier houses have multiple offers on them from investors.

You have to be on your toes every day, you blink and houses have multiple offers on them.

No comments: