Saturday, July 25, 2009

Home decor the big three....

So since Daniel and I are getting a new house we are looking around for things.

We are on the look out for :

1) Dresser. Daniel needs to get a new dresser. He has a tall one (which like I've said before is taller than me. I can't even reach into the top drawer. It also is two pieces so I'm afraid that one day our kids will hit it and it will fall on them.) and now I want a long one. I found a buffet at the Salvation Army over by my parents for $100. It's not a dresser but I think it would work really well for our needs. Erin reminded us about the goodness of craiglist...I'll look some more but I think people are over thinking how wonderful their stuff is because some stuff is over priced.

2) Dinning room table. We want a drop leaf table since we don't have a formal dinning room in the new house and we hardly use our dinner table now other than when we have company over. I found one at IKEA. I like this one since it also has storage with it....Daniel's not a fan. He likes this one. Any thoughts?

3) Paint color. We are still trying to decide what color we want for our downstairs. We are going to paint both the kitchen and the greatroom. I'm really into a nice yellow. If your curious as to the color I want it's Valspar's Homestead Resort Tea Room Yellow. Daniel's parents are giving us paint for the downstairs as a house warming present. We were thinking of Oatlands Spring Kiss for our bedroom. They are Historic Colors of the National Trust for Historic Preservation.

Those are our big three for the house right now...

1 comment:

Robert Holmea said...

Question- is the tv going in te greatroom? If so yellow would be a bad choice it will strain your eyes while watching tv. Just throwing thy out there. Wood you has a few smaller drop leaf tables that would be perfect for you guys from the 100to 300 price range.