Monday, July 13, 2009

Home buying update 7/13

Today is an easy day in terms of worry. I'm cleaning our apartment, throwing away junk that we don't need. It will hopefully make the move easier.

Daniel and I are talking over hiring a moving company. The pro's are that it's easier. We wont be the one's moving furniture down stairs from the apartment or upstairs to the townhouse. I can handle the move during the week, cutting down on the time spent between the two places. We're gonna have to pay for utilities between the two until we're moved. I could also do the move during the week freeing up more time for Daniel. The con's are cost. I've been looking around and the cheapest I've found is $75/hour. We're thinking total it would be max 3 hours. I don't know if I want to spend money on that when we need things for the house.

My parents came over today to shoot the breeze. I laid all the paint samples out on the ground and showed my Mom the one's we are most interested in. We're thinking about doing the living room and the kitchen in one color, I'm thinking it will make the room look larger and will match the stuff we already own. Daniel is ready for color after living with white walls as a renter. The other rooms we want to do are the master bed room in a nice light green. The master bath we want to do is a pale blue, almost a Tiffany blue. The rest of the rooms we want to paint but we have to see how much money we have on hand. The other things we want to buy are curtains. I've never bought curtains so that's gonna be a mother daughter trip.

Our appraisal was done over the weekend so we should know about that soon. Then we do the survey and finally send the whole thing the the USDA. Hopefully they will sign off on things and have it back to us.

I'm hoping we get closed and signed into the house sometime the first full week of August. Either way things are gonna happen fast.

No comments: