Thursday, July 9, 2009

Home buying update 7/09

So we are still in a holding pattern with Lender 1. I called over there and she was trying to tell me that they are fighting for us. That it's not them it's the USDA. That everything thing looks good on their end and they need to just make sure that USDA wont refused it.

That got me thinking......Lender 1 wants to blame the USDA. So what did I do....I called the USDA. I called the local Rural Development office and spoke with someone. He said that THEIR guidelines say 2 years after bankruptcy if your score is below 620. Since Daniel's credit is higher he said that the date of the bankruptcy is "irrelevant." And he asked me who I was working with, I told him and he said "Can I be honest with you, I'd get another lender."

HA.

Why do people do this? This has been the worst week of my life and for what? A lender who is dragging this out for no reason. A part of me want to get another lender and say ha. You lost out on a great couple, a couple who would sell everything they own to make sure they could pay their bills.

You could have helped us but you didn't.

No comments: